Below is the response to my IVF letter from Ahmet Ozyigit, the IVF Coordinator at North Cyprus IVF Centre. The response is thorough and clear, really good information.
If you would like to contact the clinic directly their contact details are:
North Cyprus IVF Centre
143 Bedrettin Demirel Avenue, Kumsal-Nicosia / Northern Cyprus
Phone: +90 392 227 9342 / +90 548 882 8000
Fax: +90 392 228 7833
Here is the response they sent:
1. What is the current success rate for your clinic? (preferably by age as I know that the success rate will be much lower for somebody of my age) IVF success is like a multi variable equation. Age by itself makes up for only one variable and there are many other factors such as the female patient’s hormone profile, the male patient’s semen characteristics, uterine conditions and many more. However, assuming that there are no major problems with most of these factors, in other words, holding everything constant, treating age as the only variable, IVF success in the 40-44 age bracket is around 19%. However, our clinic’s cytoplasmic transfer procedure has contributed greatly to our success rates with patients in your age bracket. Although this is a relatively new procedure and we would like to have more than 200 cycles before publishing statistics, I can say that cytoplasmic transfer has a success around 24% in this age bracket.
2. How many cycles do you perform per year at the clinic? We perform around 550 cycles per year.
3. What is the maximum age that you treat? We treat up to 50 years of age.
4. Are there any fertility conditions that you will not treat? Not specifically. However, we have a very thorough screening and testing process before we make an assessment of your unique fertility needs and requirements. If we believe that there are no prospects for success with a certain treatment, then we will recommend against it and will not assist with such a treatment (For instance, a menopausal patient requesting treatment with own eggs will not be treated as the outcome is more than likely to be a failure).
5. What is your embryo transfer policy? How many embryos will you replace at one time? We are able to transfer up to three (3) embryos legally.
6. What is the basic cost of the IVF treatment? IVF + ICSI treatment costs 2,250 Euros for the treatment itself. Other treatments will have different cost of treatment. For instance, IVF with Cytoplasmic Transfer costs 5,000 Euros but it involves using an egg donor since we will need to use the cytoplasm from a young and fertile egg donor to provide the patient’s genetic material a more friendly environment to grow.
7. What additional costs would / could be incurred? Additional cost of treatment will include a)medication b)flights c)accommodation d)pre-testing prior to treatment. Cost of medication depends on what dose of medication is administered, which medication protocol is used and where the medication is obtained. Pre-testing involves hormone testing, semen analysis, and any other testing that is seen fit by our IVF specialists before we can make an assessment and decide on further course of action with your treatment. It is important that you are thoroughly investigated before treatment so that we can maximize the chances of success with your first attempt and reduce the likelihood of needing another testing and treatment process.
8. What happens to the costs if the cycle has to be abandoned? We do not require any payment if a cycle is abandoned before you travel to Cyprus for your treatment. We can organize so that your preliminary work is done locally under our guidance and you can come to Cyprus for less than a week to finalize your treatment. If your initial screening indicates that we are not receiving desired response with your ovarian stimulation, then we can cancel the cycle. That way, you don’t have to travel to Cyprus and you don’t make any payments to our clinic. We do offer risk-free treatments in this sense. However, if you arrive in Cyprus, all the procedures are performed and for some reason there are no embryos to transfer, then the cycle will be canceled, however, we will ask for a payment for the work that has been done up to that point.
9. How long would I need to be in Cyprus for? You are likely to stay in Cyprus for 5/6 days. You will also have the option of coming here for the entire treatment if it is more convenient for you to have it all done at one place. This will require you to stay for 21 days.
10. Who deals with the logistics of flights and accommodation? We do not deal with flight bookings, however, we do assist with accommodation. Our patients can stay at discounted rates at a number of collaborating hotels in Cyprus. We also offer complimentary transfers to and from Ercan and Larnaca Airports for all our patients.
11. How is the pre-treatment carried out? We do collaborate with a number of doctors, testing centers and pharmacies in Europe and the USA. That way, we can have your initial testing and screening performed locally. Once we receive your test results and other related documents, our specialists can make an assessment of your fertility treatment needs and we can organize your treatment protocol accordingly.
12. How do I get medication? We work with an international pharmacy in the UK which delivers worldwide. Therefore, if your local monitoring doctor is not willing to accept international orders, then we can organize your medication delivery through the UK pharmacy.
13. How will I be monitored? Your treatment calendar will let you know exactly what needs to be done on a daily basis and how many times you will need a scan. If you do not have your own gynecologist who can monitor the ovarian stimulation stage, then we will recommend a name depending on your location. The places that we work with are able to perform scans and required tests and they communicate results within the same day, so we are kept up to date with everything related to your initial monitoring.
14. How will I know that I am not being under / over stimulated? If your scans indicate less than optimal or more than optimal response, then we will be able to reassess your medication use accordingly. This is precisely why you are being monitored locally before traveling to Cyprus. However, your medication dose is carefully identified in the light of your hormone levels, prior IVF treatment outcomes (if any), your age and your baseline ultrasound scan view, therefore, it is not likely that there will be an issue of under/over stimulation.
15. If I have a problem whilst in the UK who would I go to? An IVF specialist that we collaborate with.
16. Is the clinic registered with any regulatory body? Yes, local government accreditation is in place as well as ISO certification.
More information on our pre-testing procedures, treatments and success rates as well as cost information, please visit our website http://www.lowcostivf.net. For more specific questions or assistance with treatment, please contact me (Ahmet Ozyigit) directly. I am the IVF coordinator at North Cyprus IVF Centre and will be more than happy to assist you with your treatment options. My email address is email@example.com
Ahmet Ozyigit, PhD
Phone: +90 392 227 9342 (Prefer this number as I can take a note of conversations in my office)
+90 548 882 8000 (Cell) 9 AM – 7 PM Local time weekdays and 10 AM – 2 PM Saturday.
Fax: +90 392 228 7833
Please follow the link below to fill out our application form so that we can provide you with a more thorough feedback!
Lutfen asagidaki baglantiya tiklayarak hasta basvuru formumuzu doldurunuz. Bu sayede, size daha etkin bir sekilde geri donus saglama sansimiz olacaktir.